The Latest From the Oregon Truffle Festival
Linguini with Mascarpone, Hazelnuts & Fresh Truffle
From Keith Ellis, Cooks, Pots & Tabletops. Makes 4-6 servings.
- 1 lb dried Linguine, Penne, or small Ravioli
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cup Cheese Louise Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 c hazelnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 c finely shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 tsp salt + 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Shaved fresh Oregon truffles and fresh Italian Parsley, for garnish
Cook the pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large stainless steel saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saute until tender. Add mascarpone and bring to a simmer. Cook about 1 minute. Toss in 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts. Remove from the heat. Add the drained pasta to the saute pan, over medium-high heat along with the reserved cooking liquid. Add the mascarpone mixture and half of the Parmesan and toss to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with parsley, if desired. Shave with fresh Oregon truffles.