David Sapp is a Southerner at heart. He was born in Atlanta, Georgia and grew up surrounded by true Southern cuisine prepared in his Grandfather’s kitchen. He spent days in that kitchen; watching, listening and tasting, and absorbing his mentor’s skills and love of Southern cuisine. In 2008 David set his foot firmly on the road to becoming a chef, moving to Portland and enrolling in Western Culinary. He interned under Dolan Lane and Kyo Koo at Clarklewis, honing his skills and allowing his art to take shape, before moving on to simultaneously work as a chef instructor at Sur La Table and curate the breakfast room at the Ace Hotel. David joined the Park Kitchen team in 2013, working under Chef de Cuisine Ethan Snyder. In 2014 he took over as Chef, where he upholds the Park Kitchen tradition of careful attention to Pacific Northwest flavors while bringing the warmth and hospitality of his Southern roots to the table.
- Zagat: America’s Top Restaurants
- Two-time Nominee for Best Chef Northwest, James Beard Foundation Award
- Best New Chef 2004 Food &Wine Magazine
- Oregonian Diner Top 101 Restaurant Selection, 2003 – present
- Willamette Week Top 100 Restaurant Selection, 2003 – present