2023 Truffle Farming A – Z – Corvallis, OR
February 16, 2023 @ 9:00 am - February 17, 2023 @ 4:00 pm
If you’re new to truffle cultivation or considering a truffle orchard for your property, this course is for you. Truffle Farming A – Z is an educational, two-day immersion on Thursday, February 16th and Friday, February 17th.
This popular workshop is developed by Dr. Charles Lefevre, co-founder and president of the Oregon Truffle Festival and co-taught with Dr. Shannon Berch, professor of Soil Biology and Canada’s truffle cultivation expert. The two-day immersion will cover all aspects of truffle farming, from evaluation of soils and climates, orchard planning and management, to harvest, grading, and shipping. Guest lecturers include orchard case studies from established growers, a truffle film in the evening (with truffle popcorn, of course!), a tour of two truffle orchards, a demonstration of working truffle dogs, and more.
Truffle Farming A-Z
- Buffet breakfast meet and greet Thursday am
- All-day seminar with guest speakers and luncheon on Thursday
- Thursday evening reception, multi course truffle dinner with Oregon wines, and movie night with truffle popcorn
- Friday breakfast buffet
- Tour of established truffle orchards (transportation provided if reserved in advance)*
- Friday Truffle luncheon
- Festival transportation returns to LaSells Center by 4pm
Friday evening – Optional restaurant truffle dinners in Corvallis and surrounds Information on reservations coming soon!
The Hilton Garden Inn on Campus is looking forward to welcoming OTF attendees in 2023 with a special rate for Conference attendees. The hotel is immediately across the street from the LaSells Stewart Center where all A-Z campus events will take place. Click Here For More Info.