The James Beard Legacy: A Celebration of “America’s First Foodie” in Oregon’s wine and truffle country
Native Oregonian James Beard was a longtime champion of Oregon truffles and proclaimed them as equals to their more expensive and established European counterparts. As an ode to James Beard and his advocacy for Oregon truffles, the 2018 Oregon Truffle Festival’s wine country weekend will celebrate James Beard’s culinary legacy.
Yamhill Valley Ticket Package
The Terroir of Truffles
- Friday evening opening Winemaker’s Reception
- Friday evening America’s First Foodie. The Legacy of James Beard told in film and story
- Friday evening A Rustic Truffle Dinner at Ruddick/Wood
- Saturday morning coffee and pastry
- Saturday Forage & Feast truffle foray and winery luncheon
- Saturday evening The Romance of Rosé
- Saturday night Bliss Food Dinner
- Sunday Pinot + Chocolate, a Love Story
- Sunday Oregon Fresh Truffle Marketplace
Travel & Lodging
For guests participating in the Terroir of Truffles weekend experience, OTF transportation for events on Friday evening and the truffle foray and winery luncheons on Saturday will be staged at the Chehalem Cultural Center in Newberg, our festival hub, which is also the site of Festival Registration. Details on departure and return times will be provided well in advance of your arrival. On the Saturday forays we are guests on private land by invitation only, and as such, no private vehicles are permitted.
Shuttle service between the festival hub at the CCC is available for weekend guests staying with several of our lodging partners in the Newberg/Dundee/McMinnville area. Details on shuttle times and locations provided when you check in with registration on Friday February 16th.
OTF is grateful to our partners at the Chehalem Valley Chamber of Commerce for providing complimentary shuttle service for OTF guests in the Newberg/Dundee area.